BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 26

Workshop

For the last two days I attended the SPN 21 Diagnostic Assessment for Mathematics Workshop in ITB...at first I was surprised as it was supposedly intended for teachers teaching the new scheme while I was totally unfamiliar to it as I was teaching the PMB Maths and Physics 'O' Level....but then sitting there & getting involve with the activity being design I was thrilled & excited he2......there is so much things I learn't here that can be applicate in my teaching but sadly for Maths I'd completed my syllabus ha5......

Brainstorming in 1st Day........

I grouped myself with all the Tutong District Secondary Teachers...and the fun bit is that all of them talked in Tutong dialect while I was a "nodding donkey" ha5......even two of them talk to me in their dialect that I only reply by using my Brunei dialect he2.....how unpity of me that I didn't learn the dialect since my dad is one the user......

Receiving a Koala Bear for participating in discussion...

Our facilitator Melitta try to encourage us to be more active during the workshop that she will gave each one of us a Koala Bear she brought from Australia in recognition for the participation.... during the workshop most of us agreed the usefulness of using 'open task' question & I was really interested in using the PPELEM (or PPELEP in physics term) for my teaching....I was planning to try out the open task question tomorrow for my Maths class while the PPELEP for my physics class.....a kind of a surprise to them for disappearing from the school for two days ha5......hopefully I can diagnose them he2.....

Reflection from the workshop......

At the end of the workshop while everyone is busy going home our group surprise Melitta with a souvenir for her excellent and interesting approach in conducting it....hope to see you in 6-8 weeks time he2....

Our group with Melitta Jones from ACU Australia